Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pottermore Crashed...Now that's surprising how?

Despite the clear "overwhelming demand" associated with J.K Rowling's Pottermore, I along with many assumed that she would have learned from the initial crashing of the site to expand the servers for the premire of the Beta Testing contest thingy. I wish I could say more but the website crashed. At around 3:00 mountain time I went on the website and found this:



With a little countdown thingy on the bottom that would refresh the page tauntingly and periodically. After about 10 minutes of pointless refreshing this appeared:



So much for patience right?

As I am writing this Pottermore is due to launch in less than 10 minutes and 'shocker' the site is still down. I know it might seem like a bit of a ridiculous request, but is it really too much to ask when it comes to events like this to build a bigger server? Or make multiple mirror sites to be redirected to? Nobody wins with a crashed website. All that it leads to is disappointed fans and crushed spirits...and an entire contest being put on hold...or so I think, again the website is down so I can't get more information.

As the seconds tick away and even more fans go online, their fate becomes clear. With a seemingly eternal ridiculously heavy flow of hits, I think we can all expect to wait a while longer than we hoped to get a taste of Pottermore.

With one minute to go I sign out- for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment