Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day Four in the Quest for the Golden Quill...The Site Crashed Again

Today I ended up waking up earlier than I wanted to. Before groaning and going back to sleep I decided to check out Pottermore. Before I get a bunch of flack for this I didn't want to make 2 accounts for me. During day 3 I asked my brother (another Harry Potter fan) if he wanted me to register him. For whatever reason he said no then, and then wished on the following day that he had taken me up on my offer. He had felt that he wasn't a true Harry Potter fan because he didn't know the answer for Day 3. I assured him that wasn't true (It isn't!) and promised to help him if we caught another clue.

So that brings me to this morning.

I wake up and see this:


Again? I thought. Then I realized how much sense it made. This clue was between 2pm and 6pm BST. This not only opened it for Americans and Canadians, but it also opened it up for English, French, and every other nationality who have work in the morning.

So naturally, Pottermore did what it was best at, and always told to do in this situation.

It crashed.

Again.

I'm sure some people may be disappointed. In fact, I'm certain that they are. How many people missed out on a golden opportunity today due to the site's incompetence? Isn't this exactly what J.K was trying to avoid by keeping the times secret?

Maybe the time window shouldn't have been released for this one. It  seems an awfully popular window to climb through, and that can only lead to the house that is Pottermore overflowing and leaves everyone wishing that they hadn't all showed up to the party at once.

Aside from the strange metaphor, I digress, it was a mistake to reveal the time window today.

Update:

Or not... It seems that a large group of people figured out the clue and registered before the site crashing at around 8:30 AM. They were confused to find that they were taken directly to the registration page instead of needing to hunt for a quill.

Congratulations to those who won today, and good luck in the future to those who didn't get the chance.

Here's to all of us, the winners, those who have not yet won, those who never will, and anyone who has ever loved a book. This is our moment, don't let the inconveniences along the way slow you down. From the site crashing, to a computer smashing, to missing the clue, come October we know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment